Friday, February 10, 2006

Astro talk next Tuesday

I'll be giving an astronomy talk to a group of school kids next Tuesday. It will be a basic entry level astronomy talk in which I will attempt to cover everything from the Solar System to the stars and to basic stargazing. I will also be showing them some videos of my stargazing activities back in Australia and slides of some of my astrophotos. Hopefully we will be able do some observation of the moon and planets if the weather permits.

I'm quite excited because it has been awhile since I gave a talk on astronomy. It is always nice to be able to introduce someone to astronomy and help them appreciate the wonders of our heavens. I will be checking with the organisers if they allow some members of the public to attend. I know some of you might be interested to learn more about astronomy and see me embarass myself infront of school kids. Ha! I will update once I get the organisers' green light.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This i have to see!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!

Anonymous said...

I love cute men who love the stars.

Anonymous said...

i also wanna learn see stars leh. i heard girls like guys to show them stars.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. We can have the kids sitting right infront and the rest of us adults at the back.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the pop corn!

Anonymous said...

Mr Big: Nachos will b beta!

Anonymous said...

IZ: I wld lurve a private astronomy lesson pls

Anonymous said...

me too

Anonymous said...

iz giving private astronomy lessons?? ;o)

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...