Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Listen to Broken from the X-Files 2 movie sountrack



Yesterday, I mentioned that you can listen to a short preview of The X-Files: I Want To Believe soundtrack. Today, here's the full song Broken (video above with lyrics) by UNKLE. From Exclaim:
"There was something I was looking for at the end credit of the movie, and it needed to be a really specific beat," Carter recently told Billboard. "I had gone to see the Police over the summer. They opened the show with 'Reggatta De Blanc,' which is one of my favourite Police songs. I love that song, and it was in my head as I was writing the movie. Then [20th Century Fox music supervisor] Danielle Diego gave me this UNKLE piece, and I realized that was really what I was looking for. Immediately I called her and I said, 'I think I've got my end-credit piece.'"

The UNKLE song Carter is referring to is "Broken" from the group's 2007 effort War Stories, whose lyrics and beat fit the flick to a tee, according to Carter. "It's funny, because the lyrics ended up working unexpectedly," Carter said. "It's really the beat that's the perfect fit for the end of the film."
They also did the remix for the new X-Files theme.

No comments:

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...